Saturday, January 2, 2010

Unpacking surprises


Unpacking one's worldly possessions can lead to surprises. Number one, there's just too much doggone stuff. Guess I'll have to throw some away. I know, I'll burn it in our new wood stove. Like firewood, it will heat twice, at the very least. Number two, which speaking of number two, Mom's got our youngest quite well trained on the potty. I never saw anything like it, she just rips her diaper right off and marches into the bathroom like an expert and before you know she's all done. She doesn't make a fuss about it although she sure earned cheers from Mom, Dad and siblings. Parents out there, don't laugh...this is landmark stuff so please celebrate with us.


Number two, in the unpacking surprises. I guess I was just going to comment that it was a blessing to cooperate with each other to make our few possessions organized and enjoyable again. Mom sure has a different style than myself, which isn't surprising since I don't necessarily have any style at all. Sarenna loves my new desk as you can see.


Day ended with traditional Saturday night supper at relative's. Man it's cold out 12 degrees really bites here in Virginia. The boys sure thought so today when I took them to prune burning bush plants at work today. OK, guess I can retire now that the stove door finally is shutable, after stuffing the chamber too full with too long logs, hoping they will burn all night. For a while I sat there like an idiot watching them burn and wondering how long it will be till I can shut the door. I wanted to sleep but couldn't with the stove door ajar. Time flies when you blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nathan,

    Great to see you "blogging" and hope that you continue. Nice to get a "window" into your life again. Sounds like a move just happened for y'all. Sorry that I didn't get to see the last place before you migrated to this one. Where are you now? Still near Harrisonburg?

    Hope all is well with you and yours. Lord bless you brother!

    David

    ReplyDelete